Install QuickSSL Premium Certificate On cPanel
To install your QuickSSL Premium certificate on cPanel, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Obtain the Geotrust DV CA Certificate
- a) Download the Geotrust DV CA from the following solution: SO15703
Step 2: Download your certificate
Copy and paste the contents into a text editor like "Notepad" and save it . Change the file extension from .txt to .crt. This is the recommended file type for Cpanel.
The format of the certificate should look like this:
Step 3. Install your QuickSSL Premium certificate
- Click on the "Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates" link.
- Paste the CSR you supplied to the Certificate Authority with "Certificate Signing Request (CSR)" section above.
- When the page loads, click the "Browse" button and locate the CRT file (SSL certificate).
- Or if you have highlighted and copied the contents of your CRT file, paste it in the "Upload a New Certificate" text box.
- Click on the "Upload" button.
Step 4. Install the Intermediate Certificate and assigning the SSL certificate on the Web Site (HTTPS)
Note : This step must be done prior to using the SSL Certificate.
- Click on the "Setup a SSL certificate to work with your site" link.
- Select the appropriate domain from the "Domain" drop down menu. The system will attempt to "Fetch" the SSL Certificate and Private key.
- In the box labeled CA Bundle, paste the contents of the CA Bundle file you have downloaded from Step 1 a)
- Click on Install Certificate.
- The certificate is now added to the server and assigned to the domain.
For additional information please refer to Cpanel 11 Documentation
Geotrust has made efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this document. However, Geotrust makes no warranties of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) with respect to the information contained herein. Geotrust assumes no liability to any party for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) caused by any errors, omissions, or statements of any kind contained in this document.
Further, Geotrust assumes no liability arising from the application or use of the product or service described herein and specifically disclaims any representation that the products or services described herein do not infringe upon any existing or future intellectual property rights. Nothing herein grants the reader any license to make, use, or sell equipment or products constructed in accordance with this document. Finally, all rights and privileges related to any intellectual property right described herein are vested in the patent, trademark, or service mark owner, and no other person may exercise such rights without express permission, authority, or license secured from the patent, trademark, or service mark owner. Geotrust reserves the right to make changes to any information herein without further notice.
at 10/21/2019, 19:36pm
Updated: at 10/21/2019, 20:29pm
Been read 98 times
When applying for EV, it can greatly speed up the process to complete and submit a professional opinion letter with an accountant or attorney. Below are links to PDF templates for Symantec, GeoTrust, and Thawte attorney and accountant opinion...
What do I need to enroll for an SSL certificate for my webserver? To enroll for an SSL certificate for your webserver, you need the following: A web server that is capable of running SSL Access to the SSL configuration functions of your...